A graduate of UCLA, Ms. Garikian earned her Juris Doctorate from Loyola Law School and then immediately commenced her career in Family Law.
Her years of practice in handling high-end, complex family law matters, coupled with her resolution oriented philosophy and values place her in a unique position of being able to offer her clients creative solutions to even the most challenging family law disputes.
She is committed to providing quality legal services with the highest professional and ethical standards, to achieve maximum success, always keeping in mind her clients specified goals and best interests.
Ms. Garikian’s approach is a client-centered one and her case strategy is formulated based on a client’s individual goals and needs. Once she has evaluated those goals and needs and determined they are reasonable and attainable, she looks to formulate a financially and emotionally cost-effective strategy to achieve them.
She firmly believes that a client deserves sound and accurate legal advice, excellent and consistent work product, prompt service/attention and most of all, integrity in all aspects of the attorney/client relationship.
Ms. Garikian supports a variety of cultural and charitable organizations, including several providing assistance and shelter to victims of domestic violence in her local community.
She volunteers as a mediator for the Los Angeles Superior Court--Family Law and the Domestic Violence Project, Los Angeles Superior Court, as well as the Pro Bono Committee of the Armenian Bar Association.
Family law attorney Ani M. Garikian has been recognized as a Southern California Super Lawyer since 2011; she enjoyed the prestigious AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, a peer-reviewed legal network.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Collaborative Law
- Premarital Agreements
- Postnuptial Agreements
- Dissolution of Marriage
- Custody and Visitation
- Spousal Support
- Child Support
- Property Division
- Post Judgment Modifications
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, 2011
- California, 1989
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- University of California, Los Angeles
- Bachelor of Arts - 1986
- Major: Sociology
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer, Southern California Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Armenian Bar Association, Pro Bono Committee
- The State Bar of California, Family Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Armenian National Committee of America, Former Board Member
- Domestic Violence Project, Los Angeles Superior Court, Volunteer
- Los Angeles Superior Court-Family Law, Volunteer Mediator
- Beverly Hills Bar Association Family Law Section, Executive Committee, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Kolodny & Anteau, Partner, 2001 to 2013
- Law Offices of Norman M. Dolin, Associate, 1991 to 2001
- Law Offices of Leon Kirakosian, Associate, 1990 to 1991
Pro Bono Activities
- Armenian Bar Association, Community Pro Bono Clinics, Present